Cornice 0.4 released

Tarek Ziadé

Dec 8, 2011, 7:45:52 AM12/8/11
to MoPy
Hey,

We had a small coding sprint this week with Alexis and my house and
released Cornice 0.4.

This version has multiple new features like a request validation
system and a nice errors handling system. The later let your web
services return a JSON on all 400s with a structured list of info on
errors.

Ben is using it on "Queuey" (a Services project). It's also used on
Labs' "AppSync" and can be used on any web service app built on the
top of Pyramid.

The main benefits are:
- automatic handling of some HTTP errors. (Ask yourself: is your app
handlind 405 or 406 errors?)
- automatic web service documentation via Sphinx
- simple way to validate and convert requests data, and return
structured 400 responses.

Check it out :
- Documentation : http://packages.python.org/cornice/
- Latest blog post :