PhD dissertation survey on requirements engineering practices in open source software development

jaison kuriakose

Aug 15, 2014, 7:45:21 PM8/15/14
to mozill...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sir,

         My name is jaison kuriakose and I am a PhD student in information systems in memorial university, Canada. As part of my PhD dissertation, I am conducting a survey study on requirements engineering practices in open source software development under the supervision of Dr. Jeffrey Parsons. Below are the details about the study. If possible, please forward the survey link to other members and if possible, please post it in open discussion forums. Thank you.

Invitation message for participation in survey

Dear sir/madam,

You are invited to participate in a survey titled "requirements engineering practices used in the development of open source software projects". This survey is part of a PhD dissertation study on requirements gathering in open source software development.

This survey contains questions about which requirements engineering practices are being used during open source software development, how useful requirements engineering practices are for open source software development and the problems and issues that may arise while carrying out requirements gathering activities during open source software development. The survey would take around twenty minutes to complete. The questions are not mandatory. If you are interested in participating in this survey, please fill out the survey by clicking on the link below:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1582452/ba155dc1677a

Researcher information: My name is Jaison Kuriakose and I am a PhD candidate at memorial university, Canada. My contact email is jk5...@mun.ca

The proposal for this research has been reviewed by the Interdisciplinary Committee on Ethics in Human Research and found to be in compliance with Memorial University's ethics policy. If you have ethical concerns about the research, such as the way you have been treated or your rights as a participant, you may contact the Chairperson of the ICEHR at ic...@mun.ca or by telephone at 709-864-2861.

Thank you

Jaison Kuriakose

PhD candidate in Information systems

Memorial University, Canada