Change URL in firefox HTTP request?

janb

Dec 18, 2012, 10:32:03 AM12/18/12
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I'm creating simple web-filtering bypass, and need to change the URL that firefox is generating in GET/POST requests.
It seems that it cannot be done by an FF addon, so I'm willing to make some changes in the source code and build FF for win32.
The URL must be changed only in the request, and the rest of the FF must still thinks that it requesting original URL.
Could anyone provide a little hint where should I make that changes (in the source code)?

example: I'm typing in the address bar: www.abc.com and FF is sending to the server: GET http://www.f93kf7vhe.com/ HTTP/1.1

Bryan Clark

Dec 18, 2012, 1:10:02 PM12/18/12
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'd suggest posting this question on stackoverflow ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/firefox-addon ).  This group mostly has discussion about mozilla labs projects so I think you'll get a faster response to your answer on stackoverflow.  Lots of similar people on each as well.

Good luck!
~ Bryan