Testing Social API consumers for performance

Caspy7

Dec 4, 2012, 6:03:44 AM12/4/12
to mozilla-l...@googlegroups.com
I've seen that some users are reporting performance issues after installing the Facebook module.  I've seen more than one in comments on tech articles and through Feedback.
It may be in the mind, but it may be a real issue - perhaps in certain circumstances.  Do we have any sort of testing to see if it's possible that a Social API consumer is adversely affecting performance?

Gavin Sharp

Dec 5, 2012, 9:17:48 PM12/5/12
to mozilla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hey Caspy,

We have collected some anecdotal data about cases where performance has been an issue - we're working with Facebook to address, and some of the improvements are already rolled out on Facebook's side. See bug 811247 for a Firefox-side change that will also help. I also just filed bug 818759 on gathering telemetry data for one important performance metric, and will be filing more bugs as I think of other things to measure.

Gavin