Add-on SDK 1.1b1 now available!

Myk Melez

Aug 16, 2011, 8:02:24 PM8/16/11
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Rocketeers!

We've just spun Add-on SDK 1.1b1, the first beta of the next stable release of the SDK, as a tarball and a ZIP archive.

The packages were built from the 1.1b1 tag and include several bug fixes that have landed since the 1.1a2 build last week.

Will Bamberg also drafted the first version of the release notes for the release.

Try out this build, and let us know how it works for you! You can report any problems you discover via a bug report or by posting to this discussion group. Also check out the release notes, and correct/add notes as appropriate!

Cheers,
-myk

Jeff Griffiths

Aug 16, 2011, 10:31:07 PM8/16/11
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
I did this:

1. wget
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/labs/jetpack/addon-sdk-1.1b1.tar.gz
2. tar xfz addon-sdk-1.1b1.tar.gz
3. cd addon-sdk-1.1b1
4. source bin/activate
5. cfx testall

Result:

( ...a bunch of stuff, and then: )
4834 of 4834 tests passed.
OK
Total time: 71.700182 seconds
Program terminated successfully.
All tests were successful. Ship it!

I would add that, even though it is tempting to switch to another window
while all the testing madness is going on and ( for example ) check
twitter again, this seems to cause some test failures because the
Firefox window doesn't have focus (?)

cheers, Jeff

On 11-08-16 5:02 PM, Myk Melez wrote:
> Rocketeers!
>
> We've just spun Add-on SDK 1.1b1, the first beta of the next stable
> release of the SDK, as a tarball

> <https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/labs/jetpack/addon-sdk-1.1b1.tar.gz>
> and a ZIP archive
> <https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/labs/jetpack/addon-sdk-1.1b1.zip>.

> The packages were built from the 1.1b1 tag

> <https://github.com/mozilla/addon-sdk/tree/1.1b1> and include several
> bug fixes
> <https://github.com/mozilla/addon-sdk/compare/12f741c...005f601> that

> have landed since the 1.1a2 build last week.
>
> Will Bamberg also drafted the first version of the release notes for the

> release <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Jetpack/Release_Notes/1.1>.

> Try out this build, and let us know how it works for you! You can report
> any problems you discover via a bug report

> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Add-on%20SDK> or by

> posting to this discussion group. Also check out the release notes, and
> correct/add notes as appropriate!
>
> Cheers,
> -myk

Myk Melez

Aug 17, 2011, 7:39:04 PM8/17/11
On 2011-08-16 7:31 PM, Jeff Griffiths wrote:
> All tests were successful. Ship it!
Awesome, thanks for testing!

> I would add that, even though it is tempting to switch to another
> window while all the testing madness is going on and ( for example )
> check twitter again, this seems to cause some test failures because
> the Firefox window doesn't have focus (?)

Yes, that's right, some of the tests require a Firefox window they open
to have focus, and they fail if it doesn't. So I usually parallelize
processing of cfx testall with execution of beverage retrieval.

-myk

Myk Melez

Aug 23, 2011, 5:25:06 PM8/23/11
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com