SDK tree frozen for 0.9 release

Myk Melez

Oct 13, 2010, 5:31:48 PM10/13/10
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Rocketeers!

The SDK source tree is now frozen in preparation for the 0.9 release. We plan to take about a week to do this work, building and testing one or more release candidates until we have something we're happy to release as Jetpack SDK 0.9.

Tentative Timeline
  • 0.9rc1: Wednesday, October 13 (that's today!)
  • 0.10 thaw: Monday, October 18
  • 0.9 final: Wednesday, October 20

Blockers and Low-Risk Patches

During the freeze, only blocker fixes and driver-approved low-risk patches can land. The blocker nomination and approval process is informal: just ask me (myk) or Dietrich (dietrich) on IRC, email us (m...@mozilla.org, diet...@mozilla.com), or comment in code blocker tracking bug 604173. When checking in an approved patch, add "a=[driver name]" to the commit comment.

Help Wanted

Your assistance is invaluable! Please test release candidates as they become available, and let us know how they work for you. You can comment in this group, file bugs, or talk to us on IRC.

We could also use help writing the release notes, especially filling out the sections on notable enhancements, notable bug fixes, and known issues. That's especially true for the breaking changes we made for E10S compatibility and to adopt the EventEmitter event model. Please contribute release notes for those changes!

More Info

-myk