Sending mail with... Thunderbird

Octetus

Feb 18, 2011, 12:11:41 PM2/18/11
to mozilla-labs-f1
Having F1 to use Gmail to send an email is missing the most obvious
way of sending an email with the most excellent Mozilla product:
Thunderbird.

Please make it possible to send a webpage using Mozilla Thunderbird in
the same manner of Share-a-holic. This would be the most useful
feature of all.

Also, because of privacy add-ons I suppose, I get this error on the F1
window: Please enable DOM Storage to use Mozilla F1.

Best regards, and thank you all to the Mozilla Messaging crew.

O.

James Burke

Feb 18, 2011, 1:25:27 PM2/18/11
to mozilla...@googlegroups.com
Hi, your idea may get better visibility by posting it to this thread
on the Mozilla Labs group:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla-labs/browse_thread/thread/8902b2ccc12bf6fe

If you do post there, more information on how you see it working would
be helpful. Thunderbird is an email client where F1 can post directly
to email servers if they have an OAuth interface.

The DOM Storage message is the expected behavior. We are looking at
ways to try to avoid the need for it though.

James