improving the shared feedback response

Bryan Clark

Nov 16, 2010, 3:27:24 AM11/16/10
to mozilla...@googlegroups.com
Hey -

I did some work tonight to improve the shared feedback response.  We were getting lots of feedback from people who said that the page title wasn't on their minds as they shared a link.  The page title is often missed as it's up in the title of the browser or short on space in the tab title.

Here's a quick screenshot of the new solution that uses the domain name instead.

I think I might change up the wording one more time to use: "Shared from $URL to $SERVICE" instead just in case someone does share cnn.com on twitter it doesn't end up reading strangely.

Attached is the patch to make this change happen.  I think I'm about ready to switch over to the github forked / pull request system instead of sending patches around in email.

Cheers,
~ Bryan
shared-domain.patch

James Burke

Nov 16, 2010, 1:38:53 PM11/16/10
to mozilla...@googlegroups.com
Patch looks good to me. Push it!

James
Screen shot 2010-11-16 at 12.05.04 AM.png