Mozillians user survey results

wrey...@mozilla.com

Mar 20, 2013, 4:18:45 PM3/20/13
to mozilla-dev-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We asked our users questions and we got answers. And lots of feedback! Here are some of my key takeaways:

- An invitation process is still very important. The majority of users were invited by another Mozillian (57%) or saw the site announced somewhere (29%).
- A small group of Mozillians (20%) uses the site each week. The majority of users use the site a few times a month or less frequently.
- Showing recent contributions on profiles is a feature with high interest. Looking at the breakdown of responses to questions 3 and 4, adding this feature will bring users to the site more often. Plus, the feature itself recognizes Mozillians' contributions and adds valuable contributor data to help us better understand Mozilla's growth as an organization.
- Similarly, there is high interest in statistics about contributions and badges. Users indicate they would use the site more frequently if these features are released.
- There is lots of feedback from questions 8 and 9. We are discussing and addressing many of these comments already, such as redesigning the homepage and profiles. There is plenty to dig into here, so please mention anything that stands out to you.

Here are the detailed results:

Please take a look and reply back with your thoughts on these results. We can use this data to guide our planning and improvements for the site.

William