cards.mozillians.org

Elio Qoshi

Jul 18, 2014, 5:57:28 PM7/18/14
to mozilla-dev-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys!

As an effort, to remove the borders between all people involved at Mozilla, I have designed a set of new business cards for Mozillians, Reps and Firefox Student Ambassadors, with a consistent style.
The feedback has been really positive and the Mozilla Creative Team has really liked the designs, and we exchanged ideas about creating a generator for these bcards, so we can use this in future too, without anyone needing to create their own cards ( whoever follows the Reps General List mightve read about this)
I was in talks with William Reynolds, who really liked the idea, and we agreed to bring cards.mozillians.org into life.

In short: Mozillians will be able to log into the website via Persona and create their own Mozillians or Reps business card, using a generator which fetches the info from their profile, tweak it manually, and afterwards save it on the database of Mozilla Cards, which can be used by all Mozillians there to browse from all created bcards by other Mozillians. In this way, if someone requests business cards in the swag requests, Mozilla can get the personal cards from this database, without anyone needing to send it manually. Additionally you can also download the created card locally.You can create also FSA Business cards on the site, however they wont get stored on the database, but only locally and on your own creator profile. You don't need to be signed in with Persona to create a FSA Business card.

I designed this workflow which should explain it pretty well:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-CDwkkEIdJ74VtBDqPfypYMq1onUeCE4EUJx-HRXJo0/edit?usp=sharing

We need now people who are interested to work on this and get it off the ground, it's something very exciting to work at, but I don't have the needed web developing experience to do that.
If you want to get involved with the project, let us know! We also have an IRC channel: #cards

For any questions, let us know

Cheers!

Elio Qoshi