Marketplace Apps desktop client?

Madhavan Malolan

Dec 5, 2012, 11:41:55 AM12/5/12
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right place to make this post, but still ...

I was wondering if it is possible to install an app from the marketplace on to a client on a desktop (Linux/Windows). I am thinking on the lines of the Windows-8 app store. The apps there are available to the mobile AND desktop alike. It would be nice if Mozilla Marketplace could adopt a similar design principle.

I am planning to build one such client, since i could not find one existing. I would like to have comments on the possibility and feasibility of such a client.

Looking forward to a speedy detailed reply,
Regards,
Madhavan.

Wil Clouser

Dec 5, 2012, 11:59:17 AM12/5/12
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Allowing desktop installs is a part of our overall strategy. Install
buttons on marketplace.firefox.com will be enabled starting tomorrow
if all goes well.

Cheers,

Wil