Unicode support?

Volker Wysk

Oct 15, 2019, 9:27:34 PM10/15/19
to Mozart Users
Hi!

Does Mozart support unicode?

Bye
Volker

Sébastien Doeraene

Oct 16, 2019, 12:33:46 AM10/16/19
to Volker Wysk, Mozart Users
Hi,

Yes, in Mozart 2 all strings are made of characters that are Unicode code points.

Cheers,
Sébastien

Volker Wysk

Oct 16, 2019, 2:35:14 AM10/16/19
to Sébastien Doeraene, Volker Wysk, Mozart Users
Am Mittwoch, den 16.10.2019, 06:33 +0200 schrieb Sébastien Doeraene:
> Yes, in Mozart 2 all strings are made of characters that are Unicode
> code points.

Good to hear! I was just disappointed with the lack of unicode support
in Mercury. It's a great language, but that makes it unusable for me.

I've searched around on the web, but couldn't find it.

Cheers,
Volker

Volker Wysk

Oct 16, 2019, 3:09:18 AM10/16/19
to Sébastien Doeraene, Volker Wysk, Mozart Users
Am Mittwoch, den 16.10.2019, 06:33 +0200 schrieb Sébastien Doeraene:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, in Mozart 2 all strings are made of characters that are Unicode
> code points.

But, is the unicode support complete? Is there a unicode-aware
function, which returns the upper case of a character? (Mercury, which
has "partial" unicode support, doesn'n.) Is there a reasonable, unicode
aware character collation function?

Bye
Volker

Sébastien Doeraene

Oct 16, 2019, 3:24:24 AM10/16/19
to Volker Wysk, Volker Wysk, Mozart Users
Hello,

No, there is nothing like that in the standard library, I'm afraid.

Sébastien

Volker Wysk

Oct 16, 2019, 1:16:55 PM10/16/19
to Mozart Users
Am Mittwoch, den 16.10.2019, 09:24 +0200 schrieb Sébastien Doeraene:
> Hello,
>
> No, there is nothing like that in the standard library, I'm afraid.

One could still use an external library, such as glib... I'll have to
dig into Mozart's foreign language interface.

Cheers,
Volker