Issue 55 in pymox: String formatting error in StubOutWithMock method

codesite...@google.com

Feb 26, 2013, 12:03:33 PM2/26/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 55 by aznm1k...@gmail.com: String formatting error in
StubOutWithMock method
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=55

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Try to call StubOutWithMock on an object with an attr_name that refers
to a tuple attribute. E.g.

moduleA.py:

MY_TUPLE_CONSTANT = (1,2,3)

testModuleA.py:

self.mox.StubOutWithMock(moduleA, 'MY_TUPLE_CONSTANT')

I expect the function to pass normally, but there is a string formatting
error such as:

stub = self.CreateMockAnything(description='Stub for %s' %
attr_to_replace)
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

This is because attr_to_replace is a tuple object with more than one item
but the string formatting statement only expects one item in the tuple.

I'm using mox 0.5.3 on OS X 10.8

I think the trivial patch here would be just wrap the attr_to_replace above
as tuple(attr_to_replace)

issue notifications to this address.

codesite...@google.com

Feb 26, 2013, 12:13:04 PM2/26/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 55 by aznm1k...@gmail.com: String formatting error in
StubOutWithMock method
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=55

I've attached a patch (is this the best way to contribute?)

Attachments:
patch 479 bytes