Issue 45 in pymox: python 3 compatibility

codesite...@google.com

Mar 28, 2012, 2:46:17 AM3/28/12
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 45 by lamvak: python 3 compatibility
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=45

It would be great to have a python 3 compatible version of pymox.

codesite...@google.com

Apr 19, 2013, 11:29:38 AM4/19/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 45 by e...@e0ne.info: python 3 compatibility
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=45

I'm trying to port mox to Python 3.3. I't almost completed now. Here is my
code: https://github.com/e0ne/pymox/tree/python3.
Any questions, comments, or patches are welcome.

I hope, it will be useful for somebody else.

issue notifications to this address.

codesite...@google.com

Apr 30, 2013, 3:00:43 PM4/30/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 45 by zul...@gmail.com: python 3 compatibility
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=45

Please please please this would be great to make it easier for projects
that depends on mox to port to python3.

codesite...@google.com

Nov 24, 2013, 3:13:55 PM11/24/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 45 by lavage...@gmail.com: python 3 compatibility
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=45

This is crucial for pymox as more and more projects move to full python3
compatibility.

For now, I'll contribute to the attempted port on github, but please make
this a priority or I would have to stop using and advocating use of pymox
over other mock frameworks.

Ivan Kolodyazhny

Nov 26, 2013, 9:55:49 AM11/26/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com, codesite...@google.com
I'm ready to move forward in porting it is somebody need this framework in Python3 world.

Please, do not hesitate to report bugs and/or pull requests to my fork.

Ivan.

codesite...@google.com

Nov 27, 2013, 4:08:12 AM11/27/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 45 by steve.mi...@gmail.com: python 3 compatibility
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=45

I'm currently in Tokyo for work. I'll look into what it'll take to get
a "blessed" port in here when I'm back in the US.

codesite...@google.com

Nov 27, 2013, 4:10:05 AM11/27/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 45 by lamvak: python 3 compatibility
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=45

It could be worth to try 2to3, but I'm guessing it won't work to good with
hackety-hack required by pymox.

codesite...@google.com

Nov 27, 2013, 4:19:18 AM11/27/13
to mox-d...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 45 by lavage...@gmail.com: python 3 compatibility
http://code.google.com/p/pymox/issues/detail?id=45

I already tried 2to3 of course, and no, it requires some more work. I'll
wait for you to get back from your work trip - I'm anyway available to help
with porting if needed.

Many thanks :)

G.