Django auto-reload?

Taser

Nov 11, 2008, 5:04:40 PM11/11/08
to Movable Python
I've gotten Django to work with MovablePython as a learning
environment. I seem to have a problem with auto-reloads though; from
the Django tutorial online, whenever I edit any pages or models, I
should be able to refresh the browser and have it use the updated
version. However, I never can get that to work, and have to resort to
shutting down and re-starting the Django dev webserver to get it to
recognize the changes.

If anyone has any pointers as to how to solve this, I'd appreciate it.

Michael Foord

Nov 13, 2008, 2:54:46 PM11/13/08
to mo...@googlegroups.com
It's not something I have any experience with - so I can't directly
help. If you can isolate the mechanism that ought to cause the reload
and isn't working then I can poke around and try and find out why.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/

JimC

Nov 14, 2008, 10:48:53 AM11/14/08
to Movable Python

On Nov 11, 4:04 pm, Taser <taser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've gotten Django to work with MovablePython as a learning
> environment.

Perhaps you could post your installation procedure?

-Jim C.

JimC

Nov 14, 2008, 11:13:06 AM11/14/08
to Movable Python

On Nov 11, 4:04 pm, Taser <taser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've gotten Django to work with MovablePython as a learning
> environment.

JimC

Nov 14, 2008, 12:18:05 PM11/14/08
to Movable Python

Oops, sorry. I didn't realize that hitting the browser refresh button
would re-post that message.

-Jim

Antonio Rodriguez

Nov 19, 2008, 8:52:47 PM11/19/08
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late reply; I had a bad cold over the weekend.

I use the MovablePython version with Python 2.5 to be able to use
SQLite. Just download the latest distribution of Django, unpack it and
copy the 'django' subdirectory to the 'lib' directory of your MP
installation. Then add the lines:

django
django\bin

to 'lib\syspaths.pth'.

To start a django project, start movpyw.exe and run django-admin.py with
'startproject mysite' as the arguments. To start the server, run
manage.py from the new 'mysite' directory with 'runserver' as the
argument.

Hope this helps.

Tony R.

JimC

Nov 20, 2008, 10:38:52 AM11/20/08
to Movable Python

On Nov 19, 7:52 pm, Antonio Rodriguez <taser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply; I had a bad cold over the weekend.
>
> I use the MovablePython version with Python 2.5 to be able to use
> SQLite. Just download the latest distribution of Django, unpack it and
> copy the 'django' subdirectory to the 'lib' directory of your MP
> installation. Then add the lines:

I've grabbed it, but I'm away for a week or so starting tomorrow.

After a quick bit of grepping, I'd suggest sprinkling print statements
in utils/autoreload.py to get a better idea of what's going on.

-Jim C.