win32com.shell missing?

JimC

Mar 3, 2008, 4:06:47 PM3/3/08
to Movable Python

Hi Michael,

I just got an error from running a program that tries to import
win32com.shell, which isn't present in Movable Python 2.4.4. I figured
it must have been added in a more recent version of the win32
extensions, but I noticed that in win32com/test I have a testShell.py
that also tries to import it. Any idea what that's about?

Thanks,
-Jim C.

JimC

Mar 3, 2008, 4:25:58 PM3/3/08
to Movable Python

...on further examination, it doesn't exist as such in any version of
win32com, it seems to be pulled out of thin air using COM-ish magic. I
downloaded and installed the latest win32 extensions on a normal
python distribution, and testShell.py runs, even though there is no
sign of win32com/shell and I can't grep any of the shell functions in
that directory.

So why doesn't testShell work in Movable Python?

-Jim

Radu Savutiu

Jan 8, 2014, 8:44:43 AM1/8/14
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever figure it out?

JimC

Jan 9, 2014, 11:03:45 AM1/9/14
to mo...@googlegroups.com

I don't think so, but it's been so long I don't really remember. I don't actually use movable python anymore in the current version of my development environment Aszgard, instead I used a more ordinary copy of Python 2.7 that's only been changed to not use the Windows registry module search path.