Version for Python 2.6?

J. Merrill

Nov 28, 2008, 11:22:48 AM11/28/08
to Movable Python
When might a version for Python 2.6 be expected to appear?

If I were to buy the current version, would the version for 2.6 be
available without further charge?

Thanks for any info.

Michael Foord

Nov 28, 2008, 1:44:41 PM11/28/08
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr Merrill,

The distribution that includes future versions of Python is the Mega
Pack. The other distributions are limited to a specific version of
Python. My intention is to do a 2.6 release as soon as I get a break
from the book stuff. That will probably be towards the end of December.

Thanks

Michael Foord

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/

jmer...@mmm.com

Dec 1, 2008, 12:55:20 PM12/1/08
to mo...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for that info.  Don't forget to add support for IronPython 2.0 when you're adding Python 2.6.  (How easy or hard would it be for me to remove some of the older Pythons from my copy of Movable Python, if I have no need for them?  Any chance that I could add IronPython 2.0 myself to an acquired-now MegaPack, before you get around to it?)

Good luck with the book.

Michael Foord <fuzz...@voidspace.org.uk>
Sent by: mo...@googlegroups.com

11/28/2008 01:45 PM

Please respond to
mo...@googlegroups.com

mo...@googlegroups.com
cc
Subject
Re: Version for Python 2.6?

Michael Foord

Dec 1, 2008, 1:13:50 PM12/1/08
to mo...@googlegroups.com
jmer...@mmm.com wrote:

> Thanks for that info. Don't forget to add support for IronPython 2.0
> when you're adding Python 2.6. (How easy or hard would it be for me
> to remove some of the older Pythons from my copy of Movable Python, if
> I have no need for them? Any chance that I could add IronPython 2.0
> myself to an acquired-now MegaPack, before you get around to it?)
>
> Good luck with the book.

The Mega Pack allows you to customize which interpreters you use (they
can be any executable program!). See this page for how to customize the
interpreters available via the Movable Python user interface:

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/reference/interpreters.html

Michael

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog