Demo has expired

Jürgen Erhard

Dec 10, 2008, 7:46:11 AM12/10/08
to Movable Python
I won't argue about Movable Python being commercial. That's yours to
decide (btw, is the "500 pounds then it goes Open Source [again]"
still on?).

My problem is, I had hoped to be able to use the demo version, as I
cannot (safely) pay at the moment (I won't type my PayPal password
into an i-cafe computer, thank you very much... and no, I'm not online
at home these days, and the details of why that is is strictly too
personal and none of anyone's business).

I even changed a couple of minor things in the script I want(ed) to
run to make it work with 2.3.

Sadly, not movable Python for me. Unless I get something going
myself. Not sure I'll bite *that* bullet.

Bye, J

PS: I would be *very* happy if there could be a new demo (even the old
one with a new expiry would be nice). Though I'm not *asking* for it.

Michael Foord

Dec 10, 2008, 7:51:53 AM12/10/08
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jurgen,

Producing a new Movable Python demo is on my list of things to do.
Unfortunately I have preparing two talks for a conference and finishing
a book ahead of it on the list. When I do get to it I will also be
producing a Movable Python distribution for Python 2.6.

In the meantime Movable IDLE still works.

The Open Source thing is still on - and it won't be too long.

All the best,

Michael Foord
--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/