Can't launch movpy2.0.0-py2.4.4

1 view

Kevin Horton

Mar 7, 2007, 10:52:01 AM3/7/07
to mo...@googlegroups.com
I just downloaded movpy2 final. While I had no problems with movpy2-beta1-py2.4.3, movpy2.0.0-py2.4.4 will not launch. If I double-click movpy.exe I get a quick flash of a console window that opens and immediately closes. If I double-click on movpyw.exe, nothing happens.

I'm running W2K. I do not have administrator privileges. Movpy is in a directory on my Desktop. I changed the permissions on movpy.exe, movpyw.exe, and the DLLs in the movpy directory to be executable. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada

Kevin Horton

Mar 7, 2007, 11:00:31 AM3/7/07
to mo...@googlegroups.com

Problem solved. I did a chmod -R u+x movpy/lib, and now it runs. I don't remember having to do that on beta1.

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada

Michael Foord

Mar 7, 2007, 5:25:26 PM3/7/07
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Wow. I've never had to use 'chmod' on a Windows system, but then I've
never used Win2k.

Glad you sorted it though.

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml

> Kevin Horton
> Ottawa, Canada

Kevin Horton

Mar 7, 2007, 6:32:06 PM3/7/07
to mo...@googlegroups.com
On 7 Mar 2007, at 17:25, Michael Foord wrote:

> Kevin Horton wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:52:01 -0500
>> Kevin Horton <khor...@rogers.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I just downloaded movpy2 final. While I had no problems with
>>> movpy2-beta1-py2.4.3, movpy2.0.0-py2.4.4 will not launch. If I
>>> double-click movpy.exe I get a quick flash of a console window
>>> that opens and immediately closes. If I double-click on
>>> movpyw.exe, nothing happens.
>>>
>>> I'm running W2K. I do not have administrator privileges. Movpy
>>> is in a directory on my Desktop. I changed the permissions on
>>> movpy.exe, movpyw.exe, and the DLLs in the movpy directory to be
>>> executable. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>>

>> Problem solved. I did a chmod -R u+x movpy/lib, and now it runs.
>> I don't remember having to do that on beta1.
>>

> Wow. I've never had to use 'chmod' on a Windows system, but then I've
> never used Win2k.

I used unzip from inside Cygwin to unzip the archives, so maybe,
possibly, it behaves differently from WinZip somehow. I used chmod
from inside Cygwin to sort out the permissions. Anyway, it works
now, and so far it has behaved as I would hope.

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada