Movable Python with winpe 1.6 x64

stark

Jan 19, 2009, 9:02:02 AM1/19/09
to Movable Python
Hi!
I'm looking for working python in winpe 1.6 x64. Could you answer, if
your movable python works in winpe 1.6 x64? If yes, I'll purchase it,
but if not, I do not need it. But demo is not working for now. That's
why I'm posting here my question. Could you test it with this winpe
and provide this information. Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,
Artem.

Michael Foord

Jan 19, 2009, 9:06:51 AM1/19/09
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Artem,

I don't know what you mean by winpe 1.6? Which version of Windows is that?

The version of Python bundled by Movable Python is the 32bit version. It
will run fine (in general) on 64bit OSes, but as a 32bit process.

Michael Foord

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

stark

Jan 19, 2009, 9:13:22 AM1/19/09
to Movable Python
winpe it's a Windows Preinstallation Environment.
winpe 1.6 based on windows 2003 sp1. You can create it using Windows
Server 2003 OEM Preinstallation Kit. It has some limitations, and it's
not possible to launch 32-bit processes in winpe 64 bit (it has no
WoW64 techonology in it). I've tried to integrate python into it in
many ways but I failed :-(

Michael Foord

Jan 19, 2009, 9:17:53 AM1/19/09
to mo...@googlegroups.com
stark wrote:
> winpe it's a Windows Preinstallation Environment.
> winpe 1.6 based on windows 2003 sp1. You can create it using Windows
> Server 2003 OEM Preinstallation Kit. It has some limitations, and it's
> not possible to launch 32-bit processes in winpe 64 bit (it has no
> WoW64 techonology in it). I've tried to integrate python into it in
> many ways but I failed :-(

I don't have access to that platform to try - but if you can't run 32bit
processes then I'm afraid it's a non-starter. :-(

Michael Foord

> On 19 янв, 17:06, Michael Foord <fuzzy...@voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> stark wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>> I'm looking for working python in winpe 1.6 x64. Could you answer, if
>>> your movable python works in winpe 1.6 x64? If yes, I'll purchase it,
>>> but if not, I do not need it. But demo is not working for now. That's
>>> why I'm posting here my question. Could you test it with this winpe
>>> and provide this information. Thanks in advanced.
>>>
>> Hello Artem,
>>
>> I don't know what you mean by winpe 1.6? Which version of Windows is that?
>>
>> The version of Python bundled by Movable Python is the 32bit version. It
>> will run fine (in general) on 64bit OSes, but as a 32bit process.
>>
>> Michael Foord
>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Artem.
>>>
>> --http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

stark

Jan 19, 2009, 9:24:11 AM1/19/09
to Movable Python
> I don't have access to that platform to try - but if you can't run 32bit
> processes then I'm afraid it's a non-starter. :-(

Yes, I think so...
Well, thank you for your reply. Good luck!