The Moviesite updates, 1 December 2023

Ian Douglas

Dec 1, 2023, 6:52:36 AM12/1/23
to movies...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

December is finally here and as we wind down exam season, only two new
Hollywood releases, both for the adults.

First up, on wide release is the horror with a touch of comedy, Thanksgiving.

On more limited / arthouse release is the highly-rated drama, May December,
which is likely to get some love come awards season.

India also has two offerings, the war biopic Sam Bahadur in Hindi, and the
rather violent crime thriller Animal, in Hindi and Telugu.

On the previews side, there are previews all over this weekend for next
week's animated treat, The Inseparables.

There are assorted music show movies screening, headlined by Beyoncé's
Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé, also on the IMAX screens to get up close and
personal.

The others are Callas - Paris, 1958, and NCT Nation: To the World in Cinemas.

Enjoy. :-)

New this week

* May December (16 LNSD)
* Thanksgiving (18 LVPH)
* Sam Bahadur (Probably PG13 V)
* Animal (Hindi) (Probably 16 or 18 LV)
* Animal (Telugu) (Probably 16 or 18 LV)

https://www.moviesite.co.za/new.htm

Forthcoming attractions
https://www.moviesite.co.za/4thcome.htm

Updated the home page poster
https://www.moviesite.co.za/

List of all movies showing
https://www.moviesite.co.za/reviews.htm

Same list sorted by Age Restriction
https://www.moviesite.co.za/showingbyage.htm

This Week's pinup
https://www.moviesite.co.za/pinup.html (cellphone wallpaper)

Showtimes
https://www.moviesite.co.za/where.htm

Remember you can support the site by reading the ads... :-)

Enjoy :-)

Cheers, Ian

A big bus stops at a roadside eatery.

The passengers flood inside the eatery and as they take their respective
seats the driver calls the manager aside and explains, "Look sir, we're
from the mental asylum down the road. I'm taking the inmates for a ride.
When they're done eating they will insist on paying with bottle caps like
they do inside. Please humour them and accept their payments. I'll clear
the entire bill at the end."

So, as each passenger finishes eating and pays with bottle caps, the manager
solemnly accepts them.

After they were all seated in the bus, the driver approaches the manager w
ho presents the bill to him.

The driver carefully scans the bill. "Excellent! I'm grateful for your
cooperation. You don't know how hard it is to handle these people.
Now, would you have change for a hubcap?"

A broker, a thief, and a conman walk into a bar.

The barman says, "Hi Frank, how are you tonight? The usual?"

If I become POTUS, I will ban shredded cheese

This will Make America Grate Again

There are four stages in your life involving Santa Claus.

First you believe in Santa Claus, then you don't believe in Santa Claus,
then you are Santa Claus to your family, and then you look like Santa Claus.

My doctor told me i was going deaf..

That news was hard to hear.

My doctor told me I’m colourblind.

The news came completely out of the purple.

I went hunting for the first time and it went better than I could have
possibly hoped.

I got three cows and a horse.

Son: The manual says that we should not turn the stereo up to full volume.

Dad: That’s... sound advice.

Why don't gymnasts like pepper in the winter?

They prefer a summer salt.

I grilled a chicken for two hours yesterday.

It still would not tell me why it crossed the road.

A woman walks into her bathroom to see her husband sucking in his stomach.

"You know that won't help you lose weight," she says.

"I know that," says the husband. "But it will help me see the numbers."

I've just caught the wife reading all the "s" words in a dictionary!

I think she's up to something.

Remember, they can also vote:

A work colleague once asked whether any of those ancient prophecies about
the end of the world actually came true.

I was asked my “biological” name.

“You shouldn’t drink carbonated water; it’s full of carbs!”

Someone once said they couldn’t wait for Halloween to fall on Friday the 13th.

“We don’t need farmers, because we have grocery stores.”

Scene: A designer talking with a prospective client ...

Me: The price for the project we’re talking about will be [total].

Client: Really? I had another designer work on this for me last year and he
did it for free.

Me: I’m sorry, I can’t work for free. You may want to try going back to him
and seeing if he’ll do it for free again this year.

Client: I can’t. He’s no longer in business.

“Do not leave your mobiles, purses, wallets and handbags unattended...
others may think it is an answer to their prayers.”

“Adultery is a sin. You can’t have your Kate and Edith too.”

“There is only one priest available for confessions today. Make your
confession direct and to the point, and confess only your sins and offenses.
No need to explain why you did it.”

(In a church parking lot)
“Trespassers will be baptized. Frequent trespassers will be sent away
on mission.”

What’s the difference between a R200 steak and a R550 steak?

February 14th.

If the Home Improvements channel has taught me anything, it’s that the
key to happiness is an open-plan layout, double sinks in the bathrooms, a
kitchen island the size of Hawaii, and a R12 million budget.

--
webm...@moviesite.co.za
The Moviesite at http://www.moviesite.co.za