The Moviesite updates, 1 April 2022

Ian Douglas

Apr 1, 2022, 10:11:36 AM4/1/22
to movies...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

The end of a short hols. Winter is testing the waters, while the UK has
some unseasonal spring snow.

As for the movies, we have a range of genres. First up for the kiddie/family
market is tne sequel to Sonic the Hedgehog, creatively titled Sonic the
Hedgehog 2.

For the teens and superhero fans, we have Morbius, also on at the IMAXes,
but it seems to have been poorly received overseas.

On the Upmarket Adult Horror circuit, we have X, which has indeed been well
received, but is only showing at limited venues.

Bollyowood has another actioner this week, with a military background.

There is a premiere for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore at
Mall of Africa on Tuesday.

New this week:

* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (PG7-9 V PPS)
* Morbius (13 LVH)
* Morbius (IMAX) (13 LVH)
* X (18 LSNVDH)
* Attack: Part 1 (Hindi)

https://www.moviesite.co.za/new.htm

Forthcoming attractions
https://www.moviesite.co.za/4thcome.htm

Updated the pic and quote on the home page
https://www.moviesite.co.za/

This Week's pinup
https://www.moviesite.co.za/pinup.html (full HD wallpaper ...)

List of all movies showing
https://www.moviesite.co.za/reviews.htm

Same list sorted by Age Restriction
https://www.moviesite.co.za/showingbyage.htm

Showtimes
https://www.moviesite.co.za/where.htm

Remember you can support the site by reading the ads... :-)

Enjoy :-)

Cheers, Ian

After we passed the same off-ramp for the third time, it was clear that I
was lost. My little girl asked, “Daddy, do you know where you’re going?”

“No,” I said.

Her reply: “Then why are you still going there?”

I was having a cup of tea at a friend’s house one morning when my phone
rang. It was my five-year-old daughter’s school. She wasn’t feeling very
well.

The roads were busy, so I was late picking her up, and apologised.

“Don’t worry, Mummy,” my daughter said, “I told them that sometimes you
drive, sometimes you walk and sometimes you’re drunk.”

I could hardly breathe. I liked a glass of wine at the weekend, but that
was it.

“Drunk?” I blurted out.

“Yes, Mummy. At your friend’s. You’re always saying you get drunk
on too many cups of tea.”

Our phones are powerful, tiny computers that can fit in our pockets.

But vending machines still can’t recognise a note with a crease in it.

They need to fix cinema toilets so that they have little screens showing
the movie in the cubicles.

That way, if you need to go, you don’t miss anything.

In Roman times CXX stood for 120.

Nowadays it stands for “I love you but my finger slipped and I’m too
lazy to tap delete three times and type it again.”

I’m dating a bin lady at the moment.

But I can never remember if I’m supposed to take her out on a Monday or a
Wednesday...

The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

When I got to work this morning, my boss stormed up to me and said,
“You missed work yesterday, didn’t you?”
I said, “No, not particularly.”

Imagine how offended whales would be if they found out that we listen to
their conversations to help us fall asleep.

What did the mummy whale do when her daughter stayed out late?
She flipped!

What do whales listen to on long journeys?
Podcasts!

The killer whale planned its attack on the seals for days.
It was very well orca-strated!

Where do you find a particular type of whale?
In the Specific Ocean.

Two whales walk into a bar.

The first whale says: “oooOOOOOoooo... aaaaaaaaa......\*BLURB\* \
aaaaaaEEEEEooooOOOOOO ooooeeeEEE \*whomp\* acacacacacacacacacacac
oooOOoooeeeeeeE. Ha, ha, ha.”

The second whale looks at him and says: “I don’t get it.”

--
webm...@moviesite.co.za
The Moviesite at http://www.moviesite.co.za