The Moviesite updates, 4 August 2023

Ian Douglas

Aug 4, 2023, 9:42:21 AM8/4/23
to movies...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Two new releases this week. First up is the family movie Haunted
Mansion, which is looking like yet another disaster for Disney. The
production budget was 150 M$, and they are unlikely to recoup that. The
public at least gave it higher ratings than the press.

The sequel to The Meg is having an even worse time with the critics,
despite Jason Statham giving it his best shot. This is screening in 2D, 3D
and 4DX.

There are previews next Thursday for the Tamil film, Jailer, at two CineCentre
venues.

Wednesday is a public holiday, and there are previews all over all day for
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, which opens next Friday.
Reviews from press and public alike have been good, although it is aimed
at the little ones.

Enjoy. :-)

New this week

* Haunted Mansion (13 VHD)
* Meg 2: The Trench (3D) (16 LV)
* Meg 2: The Trench (16 LV)
* Meg 2: The Trench (4DX) (16 LV)

https://www.moviesite.co.za/new.htm

Forthcoming attractions
https://www.moviesite.co.za/4thcome.htm

Updated the home page poster
https://www.moviesite.co.za/

This Week's pinup
https://www.moviesite.co.za/pinup.html (cellphone wallpaper)

List of all movies showing
https://www.moviesite.co.za/reviews.htm

Same list sorted by Age Restriction
https://www.moviesite.co.za/showingbyage.htm

Showtimes
https://www.moviesite.co.za/where.htm

Remember you can support the site by reading the ads... :-)

Enjoy :-)

Cheers, Ian

A colon can completely change the meaning of a sentence.

For example:

- Jane ate her friend's sandwich.

- Jane ate her friend's colon.

A teacher scolded me once for using a semi colon instead of a colon ...

I just couldn't give a shift.

A husband and wife are having a hard time sleeping, given the fact their
neighbor's dog is barking in the backyard all night long. Eventually, the
wife tells her husband to go next door and get the dog to stop.
The husband obeys and comes back a few minutes later.

"Okay, honey, that should solve the problem," he says as he goes back to bed.

"But the dog is still barking!" the wife complains. "What did you do?"

"I put their dog in our backyard. Now let's see how the neighbors like it!"

A 90 year-old mother is on her deathbed.

Summoning her last bit of strength, she lifts her head and whispers:
"Is my beloved husband John here with me?" And John says, "Yes, I am here."

She then says: "Are my children -- my wonderful children -- are they here
with me?" And they reply, "Yes Mother, we are here with you to see you
breathe your last."

And she says: "Are my brothers and sisters here with me as well?"
And they too tell her that they are there.

So the mother lays back quietly, closes her eyes, and says,
"If everybody is here ... why is the light on in the kitchen?"

Two aliens are flying near earth.

The first one says, "The dominant life form here have developed nuclear
weapons."

The second one says, "Are they an emerging threat?"

The first one says, "I don't think so, they have aimed all of them at
themselves."

Elon Musk has always had trouble with relationships...

Even Twitter is now his X!

A driver picks up a hitchhiker.

Hitchhiker: "Thanks for picking me up. Most people won't. How do you know
I'm not a serial killer?

Driver: "What are the odds... Two serial killers in the same car?"

My wife has this weird OCD where she arranges dinner plates by the year
they were bought.

It’s an extremely rare dish order.

I heard the Oppenheimer movie was really good.

It really blew people away.

My hot female doctor said I was sweet!!

Her exact words were "severely diabetic", but I know what she meant...

What do you call a group of fat babies ?

Heavy Infantry

Two businessmen meet up and start discussing their assistants.

Businessman 1: You know, my assistant is an idiot.

Businessman 2: Oh, you think that's bad? My assistant is the worst! I
haven't seen anyone more stupid than him.

Businessman 1: Let's bet on it. Bring your assistant tomorrow, and we'll
see who's more stupid.

The next day, they meet with their assistants.

Businessman 1: Okay, watch this. (now turning to his assistant) Here's 1
dollar. I want you to go to the showroom and buy me a new SUV car.

Assistant 1 takes the dollar bill and leaves.

Businessman 1 (smiling): See? He's not the brightest.

Businessman 2 (smirking): Good one, but watch this.

Businessman 2 (to his assistant): Here are my house keys. Go to my house
and check if I am home or not, and let me know.

Assistant 2 takes the house keys and leaves.

Businessman 2 (confidently): Beat that!

As the assistants are on their way, they bump into each other.

Assistant 1: You know, I didn't want to say it back there, but honestly, my
manager is an idiot.

Assistant 2: Funny you say that. I could swear there's no one more stupid
than my manager.

Assistant 1: My manager gave me a dollar and asked me to buy him a new car
from the showroom. It's Sunday today, the showroom is closed!

Assistant 2: And my manager asked me to go to his house and check if he's
home. He could have just called!

A guy sits down at a bar, head hung, and looking sad.

"Is everything ok?" asks the bartender.

"My wife and I got into a fight and she said she wasn't going to talk to me
for a month."

The bartender says, "I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe that's a good thing, a
little peace and quiet, you know?"

"Yeah...but today is the last day"

What happened to the Twitter employee, that told Elon Musk not to rename
the company?

He became an X employee!

I asked the cashier “Could you give me small change instead of bills?
I need money for the bus “

She said “That’s fare.”

Me: I don’t think we should see each other anymore.

Her: Please stop saying that every time you switch off the lights at night.

My dad recently told me a joke that was based on Ancient Roman Numerals.

I for one thought it very funny.

--
webm...@moviesite.co.za
The Moviesite at http://www.moviesite.co.za