Savannah, GA area movies

Cindy

Jul 30, 2011, 10:42:11 AM7/30/11
to movielandmarks
I live in the Savannah, GA area and know that there were many movies
filmed in this area, as well as Paula Deen's cooking shows, our newest
celebrity. I know that you can't possible include the whole list, but
here are few of the 'stand outs'
Here is a list that I found on the internet, just because I know that
there were also some that I am not totally familiar with.
Forrest Gump is probably the most popular/famous movie filmed here (as
well as in Beaufort, SC area), but, the original & remake Cape Fear is
pretty big, too (so big, that they named the back country road where
it was shot with access to the Ogeechee River Cape Fear Rd.). Of
course, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, the movie about a
real murder mystery that really happened here (and was wayyyyy more
bizarre than any screen writer could have ever come up with!), has
it's own store, books, tours, etc. Maybe more of a cult following).
Also, Robert Redford's The Conspirator was filmed entirely in Savannah
in 2010, as was Miley Cyrus' The Last Song (which caused a far bigger
tourist frenzy, but mostly among preteeen girls).

I hope this helps. I would love to see my town represented on your
map!
Thanks!

1969 (1988)
Babs (1920)
Boogeyman (2005)
Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings, The (1976)
Camilla (1994)
Cape Fear (1962) & (1991)
Carny (1980)
Charlotte Forten's Mission: Experiment in Freedom (1985) (TV)
Claudine's Return (1998) (released as Kiss of Fire on DVD)
Conspirator, The (2010)
Distance (1975)
Forrest Gump (1994)
Gator (1976)
Gift, The (2000)
Gingerbread Man, The (1998)
Glory (1989)
Judas Project, The (1993)
Last Song, The (2010)
Legend of Bagger Vance, The (1999)
Lincoln Conspiracy, The (1977)
Longest Yard, The (1974)
Love Crimes (1991)
Love Shack (1997)
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997)
Now and Then (1995)
Orphan Train (1979) (TV)
Pals (1987) (TV)
Return of Swamp Thing, The (1989)
Solomon Northrup's Odyssey (1984) (TV)
Something to Talk About (1995)
Swamp Thing (1982)
Tales of Ordinary Madness (1983)
Ultimo squalo, L' (1980)
Undertow (2003)
White Squall (1996)
Wild America (1997)

Brian C. Lane

Jul 30, 2011, 1:36:55 PM7/30/11
to moviela...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 07:42:11AM -0700, Cindy wrote:

> I hope this helps. I would love to see my town represented on your
> map!
> Thanks!

Thanks for the list! I'll add those as soon as I can.

Brian

--
---[Office 70.0F]--[Outside 68.7F]--[Server 103.7F]--[Coaster 68.9F]---
Software, Linux, Microcontrollers http://www.brianlane.com