[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Data quality of ASUS Xtion 2

Mizux

Apr 17, 2018, 5:36:39 AM4/17/18
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
Mizux
April 17

my 2 cents,
Hope to not say something wrong since I test three differents prototypes of Asus XTION 2 last year.

While Xtion was just a kinect/primesens (structured light) camera built by ASUS (i.e. they bought the IP and a “Calibration machine” to recompute the disparity lookup since dimension was not exactly the same than the Kinect/Primesens).

On the other hand, XTION 2 is a ToF camera so it’s not really comparable (pro & cons), if I remember well XTION 2 seems close to old softkinetics ToF cameras DS400 DS325 etc…

note: Asus also had a “RealSense” camera (first generation, "un"structured light) as “prototype”, but it seems Intel has decided to discontinue it and the new RealSense has been developped by an other israel company with a completely different technology (ToF)

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.