Using MoveIt! with dynamixel pro controllers

José

Apr 14, 2018, 7:06:43 PM4/14/18
to MoveIt! Users
Hello guys,

I have been trying to connect my Robotis Manipulator-H to MoveIt!. I have done it in Gazebo, following this tutorial:

And now I am using a link from the same site to make ir work on the real robot:

The problem is that the package "dynamixel_controllers" that they use only works for Dynamixel motors and not Dynamixel PRO motors, which are the ones present in the Robotis Manipulator-H, so I can't even connect to the motors. I have searched a lot and I successfully connected my manipulator to the PC via USB using the "dynamixel_workbench" package, but I can only make it rotate the joints to the positions I want via the command line. I can't even create a Joint Trajectory Action like they say in the tutorial and since I have almost no background in this, I wanted you guys to help me connect my manipulator with MoveIt!. Any help would be amazing!

Best regards,
José Brito
Message has been deleted

th...@robotis.com

Apr 15, 2018, 9:57:46 PM4/15/18
to MoveIt! Users
Hi :)

Thank you for your inquiry about our product and software. But you have misinformation about 'dynamixel_controllers'.
This package has not developed but also maintained by ROBOTIS. So, we can't have any comments about it.
'dynamixel_workbench' from ROBOTIS is official package to support all Dynamixel series and protocol 1.0 and 2.0 by including DynamixelSDK which is official package as well. We highly recommend to use it when you control any Dynamixel.

Furthermore, we have provided dynamixel control and Gazebo simulation for manipulator-h. You can get an information about it in e-manual

Best regards
Darby.

2018년 4월 15일 일요일 오전 8시 6분 43초 UTC+9, José 님의 말: