[Notice] Enabling DCO for the Konveyor GitHub repos on Sep 21st, 2022

Savitha Raghunathan

Sep 8, 2022, 1:12:52 PM9/8/22
to konveyor-...@googlegroups.com, forkli...@googlegroups.com, cran...@googlegroups.com, tackl...@googlegroups.com, move2k...@googlegroups.com

Hi Folks,

TL;DR: We are going to require Konveyor project contributors to adhere to the DCO agreement.

When?

Sep 21st, 2022

Why?

As a part of Konveyor sandbox onboarding process with CNCF, it is required by CNCF to enable either DCO or CLA for the Konveyor GitHub org.

What does this mean to you?

This change will require you to sign all your commits to Konveyor projects from Sep 21st, 2022 onwards. The commits will be verified using DCO bot.

How to do this?

Contributors sign-off that they adhere to DCO requirements by adding a “Signed-off-by” line to commit messages. This can be done by adding  a ‘-s’ command line option to your commit message

Eg: git commit -s -m 'This is my commit message'

Got any questions?

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me or one of the Konveyor Maintainers.

Regards,

Savitha, on behalf of the Konveyor Maintainers

Savitha Raghunathan

Sep 21, 2022, 10:18:32 AM9/21/22
to konveyor-...@googlegroups.com, cran...@googlegroups.com, tackl...@googlegroups.com, move2k...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

DCO checks have been enabled for the Konveyor GH org repos. If you are using the command line to commit changes, then add `-s` flag to your command. eg: git commit -s -m 'This is my commit message'.

If you are using web UI, then enable the following setting from your forked repo,
forked repo -> settings -> general -> enable 'Require contributors to sign off on web-based commits' checkbox.
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 10.05.32 AM.png

If you run into any issues, please let me know. Thanks!

Regards,
Savitha