Progressive slates for this Saturday's Democratic party delegate selection

Dempseys

Jan 3, 2017, 11:57:10 AM1/3/17
to e.e. bunny
Hello public policy activists,

This Saturday the region's Democratic party holds its delegate elections. This is a little bit of inside baseball, but makes a difference in who is recruited by the D's to be candidates, and who gets their money. The votes occur from roughly noon to three (but plan to arrive early).

Links following each AD = Assembly District give specifics about time and location. If you don't know what Assembly District is yours, please Google. Please also pass this along to your contacts.

The text below is from a progressive activist (Ric Barreto) along with recommended slates of progressive delegates:

Please everyone remember to bring as many people as possible, tell your universe, ring the alarm bell to stop the corporations from taking completely over the Dem party!!! Let's kick them out instead!

Be early there will be lines (the other side will be out in force). Remember there is same day voter registration even for those in 3rd parties( you can switch back after). Also there is a $5 donation request just say/ask for hardship waiver; no ? Asked!

Let's do this! Before Trump & the Repugs try to get their hands on the Crown Jewels of California through corrupt Biz Dems!

Thanks for all that each of you do. I doesn't seem like that big of a deal, I know, but this REALLY is that big of a deal!!!

FYI - here are the links to the Facebook events with our PLA candidates. I understand there are some other top people out there but they did not join or were already on another (opposing) slate. Thanks for your support, votes & moving the party to the left away from corruption. As I've said there are 6 delegates including myself on the target list. This for opposing TPP/raising the minimum wage fight/OT for Farmeworkers etc. (Robert Longer/John Shaban/Amar Shergill/Debra Ladwig).

Here's the candidates names for each AD

AD6 Women
Sandra Delgadillo
Linda Duran
Barbra Leary
Arry Murphey
Jennifer Sugarbaker

AD6 Men
John Shaban (Eboard & delegate, need to vote for each)
Irineo Bernardo
Bob Golling
Rolando Diaz

AD6 E-Board - John Shaban

AD6: www.facebook.com/events/352773825094417/

AD7 Women
Norma Alcala (EBoard & delegate need vote each)
Fera Dayani
Samantha Farmer
Anna Molander
Michelle Pariset
Shirley Toy
Parveen Tumber
Alternate: Jillynn Molina-Williams

AD7 Men
Shane Brinton
Basim Elkarra
Justin (JD) Garcia
Robert Longer
David Mandel
Dean Murakami
Fabrizio Sasso
Alternate: Timothy Molina

AD7 E-Board - Norma Alcala

AD7:
www.facebook.com/events/903111219819447/

AD8 Women
Joyce Childs
Jody Feldman
Catherine Kennedy
Kendra Lewis
Porsche Middleton
Jennifer Barker
Tracey Surette (EBoard & delegate need 2 votes)

AD8 Men
Ricky-Ric Barreto
Joe Henry
Phillip Kim
Omar Mahmi
Del Surette
Cirian Villavicencio
Paul Woods

AD8 E-Board - Tracey Surette
AD8:
www.facebook.com/events/643620485824877

AD9 Women
Maureen Craft
Gina Barkalow Kay
Debra Ladwig
Mary McCune
Samantha Anaya
Jacquie Serna
Tracie Stafford

AD9 Men
Gurneel Singh Boparai
Tristan Brown
Miguel Cordova
Rick Guerrero
Mikey Hothi
Amar Shergill (EBoard & delegate need vote each)
Mike Whitside

AD9 E-Board -Amar Shergill

www.facebook.com/events/345650535814897