Steve Keen's Kingston University talk

dempseys3

Jan 17, 2016, 5:55:02 PM1/17/16
to e.e. bunny
Hi folks,

This is a link to a talk by Steve Keen, delivered at Kingston University, where he works. He's the author of Debunking Economics: The Naked Emperor Dethroned, a not-too-easy read that discloses, among other things, why Paul Krugman isn't a follower of Keynes. (He's not, even if he says he is, just as I'm not Queen of England, even if I say I am.)

If you're not interested in issues economic, or don't have about 50 minutes to spare, then I'm assuming the "delete" button on your e-mail works, and you're done...

On the other hand, if you want to know why mainstream economists missed predicting the Great Recession (among many other things), and the way economic wisdom as taught in our most prestigious universities amounts to an advanced superstition, then look at the lecture and anticipate time well spent.

I'll also warn you that Keen is conversant in some relatively complex math (enough to make my eyes glaze over), but I suggest that if you stick with it, it'll make sense.

Enjoy!

Mark Dempsey