Fw: Benicia Hearings on Oil Trains - we need your help to mobilize Sacramentans

JAN ELLEN REIN

Mar 27, 2016, 11:22:35 AM3/27/16
to Sacramento Move To Amend-Sacramento
If anyone is interested in busing to the hearing in Benicia, please contact Chris Brown directly.
Best,

On Saturday, March 19, 2016 1:51 PM, chris brown <cbco...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

You have probably heard in the local media or through email blasts that the Benicia City Council will soon be deciding whether or not to approve the Valero Refinery request for a permit to modify their facility to accept up to 100 car of explosive crude oil per day - which would all go right through downtown Sacramento, Roseville and Davis on its way!

If granted this permit would allow Valero to bring the dirtiest of crude oils, Canadian Tar Sands and Bakken Crude to the west coast for refining and sale on the world market - increasing the risk to all uprail communities, and exacerbating global climate change.

On Monday April 4 there will be a hearing in Benicia, and people from uprail communities presence is crucial - there are two known supporters and two opponents and ONE swing voter on the City Council. Our presence will show them that there are real people who will be affected by their decision to allow this dirty project to go forward.

Thanks to the generosity of a grant from Forest Ethics, a bus is available to take people from the Sacramento and Davis areas to the hearing on May 4. Please consider joining us for this hearing, and if you cannot go, please

Please join our growing coalition (Forest Ethics, 350Sacramento, Sac Activist School, and Yolano Climate Action are all mobilizing supporters to attend) by getting the word out to your members. See the link below for email templates you may use:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Du-Z6E91lN4ROkU8mUJdEDnKMlQJNT2vfjN5xFHaOs/edit?usp=sharing

I've also attached our latest flyer art. If you can use some printed flyers, please contact me and let me know how many you can distribute:

--
Chris Brown

369xx_SpeakOutFlyer.pdf

DALE ADAMS

Mar 27, 2016, 2:40:29 PM3/27/16
to move-to-amen...@googlegroups.com
Is a bus on May 4th intended to arrive in time for the April 4th meeting?  Just asking.
Dale Adams

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 15:22:31 +0000
From: jann...@sbcglobal.net
To: move-to-amen...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Move to Amend - Sacramento] Fw: Benicia Hearings on Oil Trains - we need your help to mobilize Sacramentans

SACRAMENTO MOVE TO AMEND
www.MoveToAmend.org/CA-sacramento

Sacramento Move to Amend is a local affiliate of the Move to Amend Coalition
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling and other related cases, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Move to Amend-Sacramento" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/move-to-amend-sacramento.