Fwd: Secretary Padilla Stand with the People for Prop 49

dempseys3

Jan 16, 2016, 12:33:57 PM1/16/16
to Sacramento Move To Amend-Sacramento
If you haven't already done so, request Prop 49 make the November ballot. Here's a handy e-mail tool:

Share via email or on Facebook/Twitter

File for a rehearing on Prop 49

Dear Mark,

Help give California voters the chance to say "Corporations do not have constitutional rights! Money is not Free Speech!"

Earlier this month the California Supreme Court ruled that the legislature had the authority to place Proposition 49 on the ballot. However, the Court failed to provide any remedy for their 2014 mistake of pulling Proposition 49 from that ballot. They could have simply ordered Proposition 49 on the November 2016 ballot so California voters could express their support of a constitutional amendment to abolish the doctrines of corporate constitutional rights and money equals speech.

Luckily, there is still time for Secretary of State Alex Padilla to file for a rehearing by Tuesday, Jan. 19th, to request that the court fix their mistake.

Secretary Padilla's office needs your encouragement and support to file for rehearing. Use our simple Advocacy Alert to send an email directly to Secretary of State Alex Padilla. You can also Post on his Facebook and Twitter pages so that visitors to those pages see there is still a chance to get Prop 49 on the November Ballot.

And finally if you are willing to call his office, we will pay for the call. Just click the phone icon on our Advocacy Tool, give us a phone number and we will call you back and conntact you directly to his office.

Below is the full text of the Proposition 49:

"Shall the Congress of the United States propose, and the California Legislature ratify, an amendment or amendments to the United States Constitution to overturn Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission (2010) 558 U.S. 310, and other applicable judicial precedents, to allow the full regulation or limitation of campaign contributions and spending, to ensure that all citizens, regardless of wealth, may express their views to one another, and to make clear that the rights protected by the United States Constitution are the rights of natural persons only?"

It is simple. It is clear. It is needed.

Andrea Miller
Executive Director

Update Your Profile

Find out more about People Demanding Action
You are subscribed to People Demanding Action as demp...@yahoo.com

Privacy Policy

Click here to unsubscribe

Follow People Demanding Action