funcube pro pluse

poll...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2022, 8:25:04 PM10/25/22
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Funcube pro plus back ordered again. No date when back in stock. Same old problem of shortage of components.

Mariamar Gutierrez

Feb 10, 2023, 5:49:57 PM2/10/23
to motu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has some guidance on Motus receivers causing interference on other systems. Where I want to deploy has other systems installed and there is concern over causing interference to an Infrared internet antenna and an NTRIP Trimble base station. I know Motus receivers passively "listen" to 166 and/or 434 Mhz and do not transmit, but I'm understandably hearing concerns.

I found a message in the archives from Stu M. on 29 July 2019, stating:

"As far as we know Motus stations, or tags, do not interfere with other communication infrastructure which almost always operate on other frequencies. Motus stations do not transmit any radio noise, they only listen and record specific pulses .... There are some instances where the physical infrastructure (eg., an antenna affixed in the wrong location, or too close to other antenna), will directly interfere with other communication infrastructure, but this is rare and not unique to Motus equipment. The presence of the antenna, or receivers alone does not cause interference."

Any official documentation that can ease these concerns? Or guidelines? I would be so grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction!

Thank you,

Mariamar

Mariamar Gutierrez, PhD (she/her)
Cuyahoga Valley National Park

René Janssen

Apr 1, 2023, 8:48:19 AM4/1/23
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Does anyone has an update for the Funcube pro plus dongles? Very curious!

Or what do you prefer as second best?

René

Gervais Fillion

Apr 2, 2023, 9:48:34 AM4/2/23