New tag attachment field in tag deployment metadata

Amie MacDonald

Jan 28, 2021, 1:53:58 PM1/28/21
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System

Hello Motus collaborators,

We’ve recently added a new field to tag deployment metadata for tag attachment method. This will allow you to specify whether you attached tags using glue, harnesses, or another method. This is important for understanding tag retention times for different attachment methods, especially as we begin to see more solar-powered tags being used. We appreciate that there are various types of harness attachments and many nuances to attachment method that we may work to incorporate in the future, but at the moment our priority is simply to identify all tags that have been glued.

This field can be populated for all tag deployments, whether they are new, currently active, or have ended.  This can be done on the Manage Tags section of the Motus website, or using the bulk upload spreadsheet. We are automatically populating all active and terminated shorebird deployments with glue attachments – please contact me (amacd...@birdscanada.org) if you have deployed tags on shorebirds using harnesses and we will correct your attachment metadata.

Thanks for your continued collaboration,

Amie

Amie MacDonald

Motus Analyst and Coordinator, British Columbia

Birds Canada | Oiseaux Canada

(506) 232-1219 | amacd...@birdscanada.org

www.birdscanada.org | www.motus.org

(she/her)

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RmzunM1z4j10KY9Ofj5HiQnoXtVU4nA-&revid=0B_-RXPhfNJy9NlN5UFBvSnlIMzNuMEN6YkVPVTdHZGJ1Q3JVPQhttps://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1VR-oaidUYDrfA_ustcA6mlnVF1WLRxoU&revid=0B_-RXPhfNJy9OE9pQjhQZk5PbXJYb3JYZVkwVU5YNmxhTk40PQ