Motus R package update

Denis Lepage

Oct 6, 2022, 5:25:00 PM10/6/22
to motu...@googlegroups.com

Hello Motus,

We released last week a new version of the Motus R package that may introduce a breaking change to your scripts. We changed one of the package used to connect to the local motus database files (SQLite).

“Changed internal method for loading SQLite databases. Now uses standard method with DBI::dbConnect(). Previously, users applying DBI functions to databases loaded with tagme() had to use the $con sub-element of the connection. $con should no longer be used (it will result in an error).”

For instance, if you are using:

tags <- tagme(projectID)

dbListTables(tags$con)

Then references to “tags$con” should now simply become “tags”.

tags <- tagme(projectID)
dbListTables(tags)

Sincerely

Denis Lepage

Denis Lepage dle...@birdscanada.org

Senior Director, Data Science and Technology

Birds Canada

PO Box 160, Port Rowan, ON N0E 1M0