Motus upload error

agpel...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2023, 12:57:12 PM1/31/23
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Hello,

I have never experienced this type of issue before with my Motus uploads and am hoping to find some answers as to the nature of this error.

I am uploading a file of 5+ GBs. On the first attempt I uploaded the entire file at once and received this error message: "Error: Error in .local(conn, statement, ...): could not run statement: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction."

Thus, I tried to redo the entire upload, but this time my upload never showed in the processing queue. From here I decided to break down the 5+ GB file into smaller files. These smaller files were processed and sent back with this message in the summary section: "There were no new files in the dataset, so I didn't do anything."

None of the data from any of the upload files shows on the Motus website.

The receiver ID of the station is: SG-E290RPI34AAE
I can provide any other information needed for insight on this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Thorsten von Eicken

Feb 19, 2023, 8:45:18 AM2/19/23
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Did your upload issue find a resolution?
From the second error message you got ("There were no new files in the dataset, so I didn't do anything.") it sounds like one of the initial uploads actually worked.
Thorsten