Windows 10 link to SG

Todd Alleger

Mar 18, 2017, 1:13:29 PM3/18/17
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
HI All,

Sorry if this is a repost, but have been wrestling with this for a while...

I'm attempting to use a newer windows 10 machine (not a chromebook) to check my sensorgnome.  The proper drivers have been installed but the computer would rather attempt to access the internet (there is none) than go to the SG's IP address.  I've tried with Firefox and Chrome.  Wondering if there's anything I could be missing or if there are some configurations within the computer that need to be in place for the connection to be made.

Todd Alleger
SE PA

Stuart Mackenzie

Mar 18, 2017, 1:29:02 PM3/18/17
to Todd Alleger, Motus Wildlife Tracking System

Hi Todd,

There is a workaround required for Windows 10 which might fix your problem, but I'm not positive. See the note following the instructions for Windows 8.1 and 10.

https://sensorgnome.org/Connecting_to_your_SensorGnome/Installing_drivers_for_the_SensorGnome_on_your_computer

Cheers,

stu

--