Audio of a transmission ?

Gervais Fillion

Feb 6, 2023, 12:53:25 PM2/6/23
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Bonjour a tous,
Hello everyone

i would like to install a station here to see if i can hear anything from the transmitters on the birds but first i need to know what frequency i would listen.
i have some radios here,as a radio-amateur,so i wonder if i can listen and after maybe invest some $ .

i am located near 3 borders,Maine/New Brunswick and Quebec .47.26.29N,069.5.94W

u used to have ADS-B receiver for years and now the palce is free and i have internet 24 heurs.

So maybe can inform where or send me an audio of their transmission!

thanks ,merci de l'aide

Gervais
Riviere-Bleue,Quebec

Thorsten von Eicken

Feb 19, 2023, 8:45:18 AM2/19/23
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Gervais, the frequencies are 166.38Mhz for the Lotek tags and 434Mhz for the CTT tags. However, the transmissions are very short, just a few milliseconds. If you have a modern digital radio it is likely not to pick them up. Older gear may.
Thorsten

Gervais Fillion

Feb 19, 2023, 9:19:21 AM2/19/23
to motu...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour Thorsten

well my older radio is an FT100D these days,,,i gave all my old radios .

i thaught that i could find some sort of tnc that i could used here but i did not and the receiver i find are way to overprice for my
retired budget now i am affraid.

to bad there is not a receiver kit like i add on ADSB frequencies .

73 Thorsten

Gervais ve2ckn