Video and audio detectors?

Thorsten von Eicken

Oct 1, 2021, 2:48:12 PMOct 1
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
A project I'm currently working on is to detect unusual bird species coming to a bird bath (or feeder). I'm also intrigued about projects using audio to detect the presence of bird species. Question: is Motus and this group focused solely on radio tracking? Is there any interest in augmenting SG nodes with additional forms of detection?

Just for grins, here are some bird classifications made by my prototype yesterday:
Screenshot from 2021-09-28 12-25-25.png
The images are crops from the video feed obtained using motion detection and object detection that were then sent to a classification model to try and figure out the species. Yes, there's room for improvement!