Duplicate Records in Manual Uploads?

Andrew Hide

Feb 8, 2024, 9:38:02 AMFeb 8
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Hi,

      All our SensorGnome stations are currently standalone (although we're evaluating the Sixfab mobile phone network solution), so the radio tag records have to be downloaded onto a laptop in the field, then zipped and manually uploaded to the Motus site.

      Are there any negative consequences if multiple versions of the same tag record are included in different upload files inadvertently? I'm assuming that duplicate records are filtered out at some point, but I wanted to check that was explicitly the case.

      Sorry if this question is covered by the online documentation - I had a quick look through it, but I couldn't see if this was specifically addressed.

      Regards
        Andrew Hide

Josh Sayers

Feb 8, 2024, 9:39:30 AMFeb 8
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
hi Andrew, yes duplicate uploads are handled appropriately so no need to worry about that.

Josh