Motus Fest 2021 - June 11 - 12PM EDT SAVE THE DATE

Stuart Mackenzie

May 14, 2021, 12:54:55 PMMay 14
to motu...@googlegroups.com, Fetterman, Alison (avf@wctrust.org), Matt Webb, Kiziuk, Lisa (lkr@wctrust.org)

Dear Motus Champions,

Some of you may recall that about a year ago we began planning for an in-person Motus strategic development workshop. For obvious reasons this workshop was cancelled, but we’re beginning the process again.

As a first step we’d like to invite you all to Motus Fest on Friday June 11, 12-3 PM EDT. Please feel free to share this invitation far and wide.

Register here.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The webinar will be recorded, so folks can catch up at any time.

This initial webinar will bring everyone up to speed on the state of the system by featuring an all-star line-up of Motus champions who will provide updates on the progress and plans for Motus in regions from around the world. Panelists will provide summaries from their assigned region. We want to ensure that everyone’s work is captured in one way or another, so please contact Matt Webb, or the panelist in your region, if they haven’t already been in touch. Panelists, we’ll continue working with you to put all the pieces together and make the appropriate connections.

Regional presentations will aim to briefly cover the following topics:

·        Summary of existing projects and partners - scale and scope of the infrastructure network and projects.

·        Regional organizational structure (e.g. no structure – largely project based, collaborative group, NGO or Gov-led).

·        Collaboration and outreach strategy with partners in the region.

·        Funding sources and strategies – successes, failures, sustainability.

·        Plans, opportunities, or challenges for growth, progress, or sustainability.

·        What’s the plan/dream?

There is a lot of ground to cover in one marathon webinar, but we hope that it will be a good foundation for a series of workshops that will cover several key aspects of Motus (below) over the next year (see the attached synopsis). Any suggestions on topics or assistance organizing any one of these workshops in the future would be appreciated.

If you have any questions or problems please contact Alison Fetterman.

We look forward to seeing you at Motus Fest!

Stu Mackenzie,

Director, Migration Ecology

Birds Canada

Lisa Kiziuk and Alison Fetterman

Willistown Conservation Trust

Northeast Motus Collaboration (Motus Project 48)

Matt Webb

Bird Conservancy of the Rockies

Great Plains Chihuahuan Desert Motus (Motus Project 281)

Stuart A. Mackenzie

Director, Migration Ecology

Birds Canada | Oiseaux Canada

PO Box 160, 115 Front Rd. Port Rowan, Ontario. N0E 1M0.

Office: (519)-586-3531 X 162 | Mobile:820-6040

smack...@birdscanada.org| birdscanada.org |motus.org|birdscanada.org/lpbo

Agenda_RegionalWorkshop.pdf
Motus Strategic Development Synopsis.pdf