Using ArcGIS as a site planning tool

Jon Rice

Nov 22, 2022, 1:27:15 PM11/22/22
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Please see the attached article on the use of an ArcGIS tool for aiding in site planning for potential Motus station sites. Our Northeast Motus Collaboration has relied on this tool as part of our site planning process since 2020.

Feel free to email if you are interested in utilizing this tool for your motus work.
Viewscape paper.pdf

Pat Lorch

Nov 22, 2022, 2:04:11 PM11/22/22
to motu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this Jon. This is great for pre-planning if you have ArcGIS in your office.

I have also started using CalTopo in the field. You may have to have a certain paid membership level, but you can do viewshed on your phone and see them in the field.

Patrick Lorch

--
The Motus Wildlife Tracking System (Motus) is an international collaborative research network that uses coordinated automated radio telemetry to facilitate research and education on the ecology and conservation of migratory animals. Motus is a program of Birds Canada in partnership with collaborating researchers and organizations. Learn more at https://motus.org
---

René Janssen

Nov 23, 2022, 4:10:06 PM11/23/22
to motu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon,

Looks nice. Is there also a Qgis option in the work? It looks great!

René