Retirement?

Mac

Dec 13, 2023, 10:54:01 AM12/13/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!  I never really considered retirement until this past season... Honestly, it's just not as fun anymore (for me).  Just to much luck involved with injuries.  You can do research until you are blue in the face but if your QB goes down in the 1st quarter, good luck winning... as was the case for me in four straight weeks this year (see image below).  Hard to win like that.... and I am not saying I'm the only one that had games decided because of injury, but this season sent me personally over the edge.

That's my rant!  Just saying you should start putting feelers out there for a new manager next year to take over my team.  I'll take some time to reflect on this but right now, I'm leaning heavily towards retirement.

Congrats to those who made the playoffs this season and good luck!!!!

image.png

- Mac

Seun Phillips

Dec 15, 2023, 12:11:23 PM12/15/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Mac, this is like a cult... no escaping out this league. I've thought about retirement and the fantasy gods reminded me to sit my ars down.

Also, fantasy has always been half luck, half skills. Last year in my league I needed Kyler Murray to score 3.5 points to make the playoffs then he tore his Achilles in the first quarter.... painful for him and me.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays my people!!

Side note: It would be cool for us to do a weekly fantasy football league like a draft kings or something like that

S dot P

Rod Dayrit

Dec 15, 2023, 12:59:47 PM12/15/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Seun,

I wonder if there is a way to incorporate DFS or WFS into the league while still having the traditional league settings.

I do both but I still like FF as it's less risky than DFS.

Mac,

It's always been about luck.  We can research all we want and have the best teams but any given Sunday, the players need to play it out and perform.  I remember one year, I drafted Tom Brady in the 3rd round and in his first game, got hurt and went on IR out for the season.

Anyway, it would suck if you left because you've always kept your teams competitive.

Best regards,
Rod Dayrit

Seun Phillips

Dec 15, 2023, 2:35:21 PM12/15/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Roderick, I had to Google DFS and WFS since I'm not as hip as you. Let me know how it can be incorporated or how your other league uses it.

Perhaps the fact that some of us are approaching 50 years old, fantasy football becomes extinct.. I mean... should we keep going when some of us will eventually have grandkids? Just a thought. 😆

Christopher Grajewski

Dec 15, 2023, 3:19:08 PM12/15/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
I am going until I win it. I might have great grandkids by that point…

Rod Dayrit

Dec 15, 2023, 6:40:52 PM12/15/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

Damn, we all may not live to see that day!  Are you the only OG that still hasn't won?

Best regards,
Rod Dayrit

Christopher Grajewski

Dec 15, 2023, 8:43:04 PM12/15/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Has Dotun ever won?

Rod Dayrit

Dec 15, 2023, 10:35:11 PM12/15/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Good catch…he hasn’t but has a good chance this season

Christopher Grajewski

Dec 15, 2023, 11:43:45 PM12/15/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Depends on who you ask.

Dotun Phillips

Dec 16, 2023, 11:09:59 AM12/16/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
I hope this is my year. I need some help from the fantasy gods.

Mac

Dec 16, 2023, 11:16:24 AM12/16/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
You need luck Dotun! Lol.  I agree with the luck aspect.  In fact, I'd say it's more of an 80% luck, 20% skill factor.  Kickers as an example... (how can you ever predict their points?)  🤣

Good luck to everyone still lucky enough with just enough skill that are in the playoffs... yes, I am salty!

And if I don't email again, happy holidays to all!

Mac

Rod Dayrit

Dec 16, 2023, 6:42:35 PM12/16/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Damn they’re just piling on @Dotun lol

It has to be luck that I’m on bye became Keenan Allen out and Pittman out on concussion after today’s game.

Next week, my team will be ready for battle!

Mac

Dec 16, 2023, 7:13:03 PM12/16/23
to motma...@googlegroups.com
Yep... I have Pittman in my other league playing for 1st place.  FML.

Leaning more towards retirement every day.  Lol.