Motion detection not detecting motino

Chelsey Perkins

Mar 2, 2024, 10:05:18 AMMar 2
to motioneye
I have just setup motioneye on my raspberry pi Model B and I am using a Brio 100 USB WebCam for a security camera at my house. It is working but the motion triggered isn't working like I expect it to. It should be detecting when people like the mailman comes to my front door and take a image and movie but it isn't. I am seeing random pictures and movies of random things.

What are the settings I should be setting the motioneye OS on for motion to work successfully?

I am able to provide any additional information that is needed to further assist me.

Thank you All!

StarbaseSSD

Mar 2, 2024, 10:20:09 AMMar 2
to motioneye
Which version of motionEye/motionEyeOS are you using? I recommend dev20201026 for motionEyeOS.
I run 6-7 cameras with my standard motion detection settings are:

Frame Change Threshold     0.1%
Maximum Change Threshold     0 pixels
Auto Threshold Tuning      Off
Auto Noise Detection      On
Light Switch Detection      0.0%
Despeckle Filter     On
Motion Gap     2 seconds
Captured Before     10 frames
Captured After     10 frames
Minimum Motion Detection     2 frames
Mask     Off unless there is a part of the scene with motion I don't want to capture / trigger on.
I use Show Frame Changes     On until I see that the camera is being detected like I want

BTW, it does not do people / face recognition, just motion detection.

Chelsey Perkins

Mar 2, 2024, 10:31:04 AMMar 2
to motioneye
This is very good to know. Thank you for the settings. I have adjusted the settings to see how these work.
motionEye Version - 0.42.1
Motion Version - 4.2.2
OS Version - motionEyeOS 20200606

Question - If it doesn't do people / face recognition, what do you detect on your cameras for motion purposes?
Question - Can people / face recognition be setup so it can monitor people for security measures?

StarbaseSSD

Mar 2, 2024, 10:41:23 AMMar 2
to motioneye
20200606 has a number of issues, I recommend dev20201026.

Question - If it doesn't do people / face recognition, what do you detect on your cameras for motion purposes?
Answer - The number of pixel changes (percentage) between frames.

Question - Can people / face recognition be setup so it can monitor people for security measures?
Answer - Yes. With motionEye/motionEyeOS? No. With a 1st generation Raspberry Pi B? No. _MAYBE_ with an 8GB Raspberry Pi 5. But not with motionEye / motionEyeOS. Sorry.

StarbaseSSD

Mar 2, 2024, 12:52:04 PMMar 2
to motioneye
Question - What is the best way to update to dev20201026 without erasing my current version?
Answer - Settings, General Settings, Backup. Re-image with dev20201026. Settings, General Settings, Restore.

Also, I do not do free personal support. I only answer questions here, as it will help many.