How to update wifi config on working Raspi zero if wifi credentials changed.

mheds...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2024, 5:31:24 PMFeb 10
to motioneye
Moved to different state.
Powered down & packed up working Raspi zero w cameras.
Settled into new home.
Changed wifi SSID at new home.
Want to power up the previously working cameras.
Won't connect due to different SSID.

Best way to update the MotionEye wifi config so I don't have to reload / setup each camera again?

I suppose I could set up an old router with the old ssid, connect to that, change the wifi credentials via setup, power down, power up the camera and it should be connected to the new wireless network...
Thought there might be an easier way.
Thanks

StarbaseSSD

Feb 10, 2024, 5:42:20 PMFeb 10
to motioneye
It can be done with another linux OS on another machine, but even then it is very involved. You need to mount the OS read-only partition, change the wpa_supplicant.conf file, reset the read-only partition, and reboot. I have used a USB to Ethernet adapter on PiZeros with success, also as it will register a network address and you can webgui to it and reset the wifi...
One of the issues is the Watchdog function that forces reboot if it doesn't see a network, and the other is the read-only partition it uses to protect itself.
Your idea is the fastest, as I have been there, done that...

StarbaseSSD

Feb 10, 2024, 5:44:45 PMFeb 10
to motioneye
I don't know if your wifi router supports guest connections but you might try setting it up with the old ssid and password, and set it to allow connections to your current network to make the changes, too...