Compatibility with rotating cameras?

Do Po

Mar 10, 2024, 10:12:44 AMMar 10
to motioneye

Hello,

Does motioneye support so-called 360 degrees cameras capable of rotating?
If yes, can you tell me how to select compatible cameras?

Regards,
D.

StarbaseSSD

Mar 10, 2024, 11:25:02 AMMar 10
to motioneye
They are called PTZ cameras. Pan, Tilt, Zoom. On the video side, yes, they are compatible with many. Controlling the PTZ functions, they can be, there are buttons within motionEye/motionEyeOS. There are instructions on how to set them up here:
but the setup is left up to the end user as there are so many different cameras, and each has a different method of control via different commands.
I may suggest my cameras when people ask, but I don't have suggestions for PTZ, even though I have 5 (3 d-link & 2 foscam), as I use the web interfaces that come with the camera, and I don't use the action buttons. I seldom need to move them around.

Do Po

Mar 10, 2024, 12:45:36 PMMar 10
to motioneye
Thanks a lot for this reply. I'm a newbie here, trying to set up a security system I understand and control.

The sense of my question was the following: Assuming that MotionEye can do detection of humans and pets in the captured video, I hoped it can follow them. I think I need to further read the documentation.

D.

StarbaseSSD

Mar 10, 2024, 12:58:04 PMMar 10
to motioneye
motionEye/motionEyeOS does not detect people or animals. It only detects changes in pixels. It has no face or pet recognition capabilities. It would not be able to send a PTZ camera commands to follow something.