Streaming to youtube

René

Mar 30, 2024, 9:31:41 AMMar 30
to moti...@googlegroups.com
Hi S.
I have MotionEye working om a RPi zero. Is it possible to stream the live video to youtube?

Hope you can help me out.
Thx, René

Verzonden vanaf Outlook voor Android

StarbaseSSD

Mar 30, 2024, 9:44:21 AMMar 30
to motioneye
Not as an internal function. I understand there are apps that could take the output stream from port 8001 of motionEye/motionEyeOS and feed it to youtube, but I do not have any experience with them. Theoretically, you could use OBS, it can take the feed, and has a plug-in for youtube.

StarbaseSSD

Mar 30, 2024, 10:59:22 AMMar 30
to motioneye
I just confirmed that I can grab the stream (http://<ip_address>:8081) into OBS which can then stream out to you tube (or FB or many other services) You would need another device or PC to do the OBS piece. If you were running a Pi3 or Pi4, you could run RaspiOS Buster, motionEye and OBS on the same device.

StarbaseSSD

Mar 30, 2024, 11:03:09 AMMar 30
to motioneye
I selected in motionEye, Settings, Video Streaming, Streaming URL and pasted into the OBS, Source, New, Browser, URL.

René

Mar 31, 2024, 8:26:40 AMMar 31
to StarbaseSSD, motioneye
Hi Starbase,
I'll have look at it in the upcoming days.  Thx.
 René

Verzonden vanaf Outlook voor Android

Apr 5, 2024, 9:49:10 AMApr 5
to motioneye
Any luck?

René

Apr 5, 2024, 11:12:54 AMApr 5
to StarbaseSSD, motioneye
I did install OBS on a Pi4 2GB without any problems. To stream with YT on the Pi has encoding problems ( says OBS) and the Pi gets very hot. I'll try it in the next few days with a Pi5 2 gb..maybe that works.
I'll let you know.

Verzonden vanaf Outlook voor Android

Sent: Friday, April 5, 2024 3:49:09 PM

To: motioneye <moti...@googlegroups.com>

Any luck?

E B

Apr 6, 2024, 5:19:41 AMApr 6
to motioneye
In an attempt to provide something of use (which I might well fail to achieve):

I have an 8 camera wireless CCTV NVR system  whose RTSP  RJ45 output is presented on my LAN and is made available for ingestion by MotionEye. I then use MotionEye to show me the video channels on my tablet/phone/other machines/television.  I sometimes stream to youtube by using OBS which runs on a desktop machine and I just point OBS to the RTSP source IP address rather than to MotionEye.

My observation and rationale - quite possibly mistaken - is that the cheap CCTV NVR  copes with serving to two lots of IP address (MotionEye and occasionally OBS) but becomes intermittent if I don't use MotionEye and instead stream from the NVR to the aforementioned handful of phones and tablets.  My experience so far (several years) shows me that it's reliable for MotionEye to take most of the burden.

I wonder if streaming from OBS to Youtube but with the data provided from the source IP rather than from MotionEye might be an option to try (perhaps it's not feasible or you've already done it - sorry).