MotionEye don't boot on my raspberryPi 4 8 Go

Nick

Jul 14, 2020, 6:46:22 AM7/14/20
to motioneye
Hello there,

for a weird reason (Picture), my raspberry don't want to boot correctly.

If you have any usefull information, thanks to reply :)

20200714_002421.jpg

20200714_002421.jpg

Kevin Shumaker

Jul 14, 2020, 8:27:44 AM7/14/20
to Nick, motioneye
You need to replace 2 files in the /boot partition:
start4.elf & fixup4.dat (attached in the zip file)
Please be aware, though, that USB and MMAL will still not work, but using it as a motioneye hub will, with network cameras.
Another option would be to flash your boot firmware back to pre-usb boot (The April version, IIRC, but there are other issues there, too.
We are waiting for @CCRISAN to run a new build, but I think he's waiting on BuildRoot to come up with a fix.

Thanks

Kevin Shumaker

N38° 19' 56.52"
W85° 45' 8.56"

Semper Gumby
“Don't tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” - G.S. Patton, Gen. USA
Ethics are what we do when no one else is looking.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
“There is no end to the good you can do if you don’t care who gets the credit.” - C Powell
You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?
RPi4-8GB-Boot-Files.zip

Nick

Jul 14, 2020, 12:02:27 PM7/14/20
to motioneye
Thanks for the answer,

I would like but i don't have any boot, it stop before build it... I will wait for an update

Kevin Shumaker

Jul 14, 2020, 12:20:05 PM7/14/20
to Nick, motioneye
Here's a link to upgrading firmware:
also
you need to install Raspbian or Raspberry Pi OS and run it, then skip down to Updating The BootLoader

The 2 files I posted need to be put into the /boot partition when you image your SD Card, before you put it into your PI

Nick

Jul 14, 2020, 1:28:43 PM7/14/20
to motioneye
Thanks for your solution,

After overwrite the 2 files on the sd card with the two new, it works but the camera stay gray (it's the camera v2.1 official)

Any idea?

Nick

Jul 14, 2020, 1:35:30 PM7/14/20
to motioneye
i'll watch the video.. :D

Kevin Shumaker

Jul 14, 2020, 1:37:30 PM7/14/20
to Nick, motioneye
As I stated, motionEyeOS needs a couple of updates beyond the 2 boot files. the image creation system (BuildRoot) hasn't been updated. MMAL (Camera v2.1 official) and USB Cameras still won't work, only Network Cameras.

Nick

Jul 14, 2020, 2:31:36 PM7/14/20
to motioneye
I am not in a hurry i will wait, thanks for all :)