motion detection no longer detecting motion?!

st moose

Jan 29, 2024, 4:55:01 PMJan 29
to motioneye
have motioneyeOS setup on a RPi (has been for a few years now) with default settings
a MMAL camera and a V4L2 camera both in/on a mount (so they havent moved - though i have removed them from the mounts and 'ran' in front of them both and neither detected motion)

the still images settings are
capture mode - motion trigged
preserved pictures - custom 2 days

the motion detection settings are
motion gap 30 seconds
captured before 1 frame
captured after 1 frame
minimum motion frames 20 frames

working schedule on 6:00 - 19:00 everyday - detect during working schedule

have another setup the same way in a different location and that is working fine

i noticed this only because there was suppose to be a package delivered which i got a text from (USPS tracking) but the package was not there when i got home so was hoping that there wasnt a package thief so checked for video (which was not found) [side note the package was picked up by a family member who doesnt live at the house anymore but still gets mail here and they didnt tell anyone that they had picked it up]

so what might i be missing for motion detection?

  thanks

StarbaseSSD

Jan 29, 2024, 5:07:58 PMJan 29
to motioneye
"The motion detection settings are
> motion gap 30 seconds < If it completes a motion detection it will wait 30 seconds before it will start detecting again
> captured before 1 frame < It will only buffer 1 frame before starting recording
> captured after 1 frame < it will only apply 1 frame to the end of the movie
> minimum motion frames 20 frames < needs a long string of frames before it thinks there is movement
"
My settings are:
Frame Change Threshold  0.1%
Auto Threshold Tuning OFF
Auto Noise Detection ON
Despeckle Filter ON
motion gap 2 seconds
captured before 10 frame
captured after 10 frame
minimum motion frames 2 frames
for most of my cameras which are set to 10 or 15 frames per second receive streams at either 800x600 or 1280x720.

StarbaseSSD

Jan 30, 2024, 4:05:33 PMJan 30
to motioneye
Any help?

st moose

Jan 31, 2024, 12:57:36 PMJan 31
to motioneye
made changes and detecting motion again
odd that motion was being detected with previous (default) setting and stopped
getting strange pictures from the V4L2 (USB camera) (attached one of them)
also getting video even though movies is turned off ?!

thanks for the help! :)

07-13-46m.jpg

StarbaseSSD

Jan 31, 2024, 1:32:44 PMJan 31
to motioneye
Sounds like one of the config files is corrupt. The jpg you attached is also corrupt.

st moose

Jan 31, 2024, 3:32:49 PMJan 31
to motioneye
can the config files be copied from another install or just reinstall?
if copy where are the files that should be copied?
i see motioneye.conf in /etc/   did not dig any further for any other config files in case a reinstall is 'better'
thanks

StarbaseSSD

Jan 31, 2024, 5:29:29 PMJan 31
to motioneye
They are in the /etc/motioneye folder for a motionEye install on another OS, and in /data/etc/motioneye in a motionEyeOS install, but if do do an overwrite, you might as well do a clean install, as there is no telling what specifically corrupted the install, and what else might have been corrupted...