Motioneye and Python 3

JohnW

Apr 22, 2024, 3:43:37 AMApr 22
to motioneye
What is the latest on the update to use python 3 please?

Were are the latest images and downloads no for MotioneyeOS etc.

thank You
JohnW

StarbaseSSD

Apr 22, 2024, 7:51:26 AMApr 22
to motioneye

JohnW

Apr 22, 2024, 8:10:18 AMApr 22
to motioneye
So from the link you sent and other related links, there is no further mention of MotioneyeOS image, so is that no longer available under Python 3.7 ?

Thank You

JohnW

StarbaseSSD

Apr 22, 2024, 8:15:15 AMApr 22
to motioneye
The commentary from MichaelNG was that mEOS was not a priority, as their team wasn't familiar with buildroot and thingos. I had previously written up and tested how to create your own image, but it is probably WAY out of date.
Wht is your use case (hardware-wise) and I might be able to point you in the right direction...

JohnW

Apr 22, 2024, 9:42:09 AMApr 22
to motioneye
I do have not a specific build requirement, if I go again with Motioneye then I can just install on RPI4 64bit with standard Debian.

However, if MotioneyeOS was available then it's a simpler process just get the image onto and SD.

So I will dig out and RPi and go the standard image route and then install Motioneye and the dependencies, there used to be a script around for that I assume it is still on Github some where?

Thanks again for your advice.

JohNW

StarbaseSSD

Apr 22, 2024, 9:44:14 AMApr 22
to motioneye
The steps for Python3 are at the link I sent.

JohnW

Apr 23, 2024, 7:47:20 AMApr 23
to motioneye
Hi,

Yes, thanks sis see those instructions and have gone through them several times...

StarbaseSSD

Apr 23, 2024, 9:09:29 AMApr 23
to motioneye
Yeah, sorry,  I didn't write the new instructions, nor did I have any input.

JohnW

Apr 23, 2024, 11:17:18 AMApr 23
to motioneye
Apologies for this but have issue.

I installed a fresh image (64 bit Bullseye) onto an old RPi3B, then followed the instructions to install python and Motioneye as documented on the link you provided.

All seemed to go well no issues that I could tell.

Access the motioneye page via port8765 and set up a couple of existing cameras.

These are existing working cameras on my local network and are connected to Motioneye using RTSP.

No errors were reported when I set up 2 out of 6 cameras but all I get is a Grey screen from each of the 2 cameras and I have tried changing the RTSP URL to select different view options  ie main and sub are the 2 I have and I have also tried to use TCP and UDP but nothing....

Any suggestions, please?

thanks

John

JohnW

Apr 23, 2024, 11:31:50 AMApr 23
to motioneye
Hi, I have also connected a local USB camera to the system and that appears to act in the same way ie display grey but with the clocks showing and updating?

StarbaseSSD

Apr 23, 2024, 12:44:16 PMApr 23
to motioneye
Go to https://github.com/motioneye-project/motioneye and near the upper left, click on "Issues" and file your issues there.

JohnW

Apr 26, 2024, 5:46:01 AMApr 26
to motioneye
Just to let you know the issues I was having were partly my problem as I was using an old password to sign into the camera using RTSP,  what complicated things was/is that Motioneye is now accepting bad passwords and not giving you any error indication.

There is still an issue that prevents the USB camera from working and I have not had a meaningful response on that as yet, and to be honest I do not think that I will get one from that forum.

I have also upgraded to a RPi4B and I am still getting issues with intermittent RTSP video which was apparent some time back.

For what its worth the people contributing to the current Motioneye project ( based on what I have read on the GitHub forum only)appear to me to be purely focused on the Process and nobody is asking the questions about performance of the solution and what issues there are within the product at present.

StarbaseSSD

Apr 26, 2024, 8:17:11 AMApr 26
to motioneye
Understood.