Reinstall motioneyeos on Pi4 using debian bookworm

David Forman

Mar 3, 2024, 1:28:31 PMMar 3
to motioneye
Hello! The time has come to wipeout my pi OS and do a fresh, clean install using the latest debian bookworm with pi dekstop and I will be using motioneye as a server for my 5) pi zero W cameras. I've done it before but that was a couple years ago and can't remember how to exactly do it. Thanks in advance!

StarbaseSSD

Mar 3, 2024, 1:36:52 PMMar 3
to motioneye
MotionEye doesn't work on Bookworm at all as Bookworm doesn't have Python2.7 available at all.
Pi5 doesn't support anything prior to Bookworm.
You would have to go to a Pi4 with Bullseye and follow the instructions here:
or use Debian Bullseye.

Tom Flink

Mar 4, 2024, 4:07:27 PMMar 4
to motioneye
Sorry, just realized I did not reply all to this thread so this is a repeat.

I installed Motioneye on a Pi 5 with 32-bit Bookworm yesterday and it was pretty straightforward.  I followed the instructions at the bottom of the link below (scroll down to the installation section).  Note that you do need to override the Python module installation error with the --break-system-packages option as indicated about half way down the instructions.

https://github.com/motioneye-project/motioneye/tree/dev